Saturday, October 12, 2013

Past week in Kona

Hello Family & Friends:

     WOW !!!!  What a week it has been !!  Don't even know where to start.... Monday pm we did our volunteer work for the community dinner for handicapped triathalon and it was very rewarding and interesting to see and be a part of.    Will post pics later.   We actually have one of the Ironmen staying in our Hotel on the University campus where I work.   Very nice young man and his wife.

Tuesday night devotion was simply wonderful, by our Mission Builders wife:  JoEllen.
She gave us scriptures of  "Who I am in Christ"   I will be posting one each day on facebook. Soo uplifting and true.   Then she showed a  short video clip of "who are we being validated by" ?   Great for all the young people to see and think about.    Do we seek validation from our work, others, friends, family, things or GOD ???   Then this week,  God placed one of my young ladies in my path to love on and pray over, as she was feeling not worthy and not meeting other peoples expectations.   These young people come from all walks of life and truly want to be doing what GOD has for them.  She asked me  "why does God not speak to me  "   I keep telling him I want to hear from him and do what He wants but He does not talk to me.   I told her sometimes we just have to "Be still and know that I am GOD"  and to "Wait on the LORD" .  Most often HE speaks to us when we take time to be alone with him out of our busy schedule and /or thru HIS Word. 

Wednesday Ken had to work in "The Jungle" !!!!   He was in a briar patch and his legs and arms got all scratched and cut up !!!   Just made me sick !!  Of course he had on shorts and did NOT know his day would take him to such a place so he just worked right on thru the briars.   He got the job done but was a MESS!!!!   Still is !!   I'm putting Neosporin on him 2 times a day !   Probably will scar!  Battle scars of Hawaii.... along with some others..... haha   Michelle said "Wow,  who would have thought Hawaii would be so challenging "  to be such a beautiful place !!

Friday night we ate at Wendy's and walked downtown and with some friends and watched a "One man band"  he played instruments and sang oldies songs.  we all enjoyed that a lot !
Today 3 of us left at 4:15 am to go to the water and get a seat to watch the swim part of the Ironman.  It was worth getting up for !   :)  :)
The whole process made Ken & I tired just thinking about their triathalon not to mention watching them.  haha

Tomorrow we take another van with 15 to the Hawaiin church for a BLESSING from the Lord and lunch at the church !   Then Ken & I may try to go snorkel some at the pier???  Not sure.

I do NOT feel so "BAD" now with Ken & I being soooo tired,  all these YOUNG people males and females are ALL dragging by Thursday and barely keep up !!  Good for us to see..... haha  misery loves company !!!  Right???  ha

We want to Wish our SWEET Daughter, Michelle a very  HAPPY   BLESSED  Birthday this coming Tuesday !!!  She has been a joy, laughter, tears, and Blessing all in one for us !   GOD bless her and her life to come, as she loves Jesus !! 

Maybe do a blog again later in week,  just not enough time in a day here !

Peggy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment