Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hump day on the Island, PTL

Isn't it kind of funny, you work most of your life and can't wait for the week-end. Well, here we are in retirement days and we still can't wait for the week end.  Busy, busy, busy....

I am spending all my time repairing small pagoda lamps that are all over the campus. They stand about 12" off the ground and they all carry an invisible sign that says "Knock me over", or so it seems.
Most of them are plastic and have metal conduit screwed to a small steel plate and are secured in a concrete pad with anchors. Between the plastic breaking, the anchors pulled out, and the plates rusting off, I have a job as long as I want, or till Jesus comes. "Even so Lord Jesus come quickly"...is my prayer. I do have a van I am driving so that makes it a lot easier on these old bones.

Peggy is doing a fantastic job as receptionist, as I knew she would and her supervisors know it also.
I guess we are doing to good a job as they would like for me to stay a LONG time and said they would make arrangments for housing for us. Don't know if that will happen or not.

We got our new apartment mates. Joan and Paula arrived 2 days ago from Spain and what an awesome couple. One week newly-weds came straight to YWAM to work. They both have a calling to street gangs and when they leave here, they will go to Chicago to start a mission to gangs and gang families. He is a member of a secular band that toured Africa at the request of the Spain government but we are to bloom wherever we are planted and the band members are all Christians.

Last night was dessert night at the King's Mansion (King Jesus) and is an wonderful place. Dessert was great and everyone had a blast. These young kids have some "Unusual" talents and they were showcased last night at talent time. Pictures posted below.

Well that's all for now...

Ken and Peggy










No comments:

Post a Comment